Today's Baking

It is my birthday tomorrow and as we are going to the Community Shield and will be out all day, we had a family get together today instead.  My sister did the food and I did the cake.

I was up early this morning to make it.  We had quite a bit of cream left so I decided it had to be a Victoria sponge with whipped cream.

I used my amazing KitchenAid.  I got this a couple of months ago and I love it, the cakes I have made so far have been so light and tasty.
I wanted a three tier cake so used 10oz of butter, caster sugar and self-raising flour with 5 eggs and some baking powder.
There was a lot of mixture so these took about 25 minutes to bake.  I left them to cool in the tins for a few minutes before turning them out to make a (not so) hidden Mickey
I left these to cool completely before whipping the double cream with some icing sugar
I added some strawberry jam and then lots of cream to two of the tiers, then sieved some icing sugar over the top tier.

And this was the finished cake
This was actually huge, the picture doesn't show just how tall it actually was.

This tasted so good and was all eaten up very quickly, so another successful cake, yay.

Comments